Accounting, transaction management, and reporting are manual and repetitive SAP operations. RPA is an excellent choice for automating SAP and repurposing resources for higher-value tasks and procedures.
RPA applications in SAP
Almost all departments connected by SAP software can use RPA bots to complete rule-based operations like data entry, report generation, alerts, and other rule-based tasks.
Accountancy and Finance
Modern financial insights, swift and precise processes, and strategic use of financial data are all made possible by SAP finance modules. RPA bots can collect information on financial patterns and projections, enabling quicker budgeting, operational planning, and analysis. Many jobs in SAP finance modules, such as SAP software that focuses on evaluating financial patterns and combining plans and actuals in one financial system, can be automated with RPA bots. Using KPIs, reports, and liquidity plans, SAP software enables users to assess cash flow, capital, payments, and financial risks. RPA bots in SAP can automate the extraction of reports from profit and loss (P&L) statements and cash positioning (forecasting expected payments and projected receipts for the day).
Connection and Interface
Using RPA to monitor interfaces, processes and connections can be continuously inspected for faults and reported to the user for rapid action. Workload automation (WLA) technologies allow for executing, monitoring, and logging processes across many business platforms from a single location, giving businesses a comprehensive picture of all active activities.
Because their SAP modules contain routine processes, procurement and logistics in the supply chain division offer opportunities to use RPA. Companies can automate their end-to-end contract management process by working with a legal tech vendor as an alternative to deploying RPA. Transactional processes like keeping track of vendors, creating contracts, and validating them can be automated with RPA bots. NLP capabilities are necessary for contract-related jobs, and there are several AI suppliers in this market. RPA bots can automate the creation of shipping schedules, shipment tracking, warehouse inventory, and reports for SAP logistics modules. RPA implementation will boost ROI, save expenses, and eliminate human error in supply chain SAP modules.
RPA can automate various sales-related processes in SAP modules, including processing sales orders (requests, conditions, and confirmations), data management (sales and contracts documentation entry, update, and validation) error corrections. Approximately $7 trillion in e-commerce B2B sales orders are processed, according to Statista. A comparable number of orders might be physically completed each year by account managers and salespeople due to the slower expansion of e-commerce in the B2B sector.
- By collecting information about customers, orders, and requests and maintaining this database, RPA can enhance these processes.
- Reducing mistakes associated with manual data entering
- Purchase order follow-up ensures the vendor receives the products or services, acknowledges the sale, and then makes the necessary payments.
- Automating the generation of reports on process completion
RPA can be used to search for bids and Requests for Proposals (RFP). A salesperson carries out this technique to identify attractive sales opportunities. We can build RPA bots can be to crawl bid websites, look for pertinent RFPs, and then alert the person in charge of taking the initiative. Sounds great.
Due to its repetitive nature, recruiting is an activity that SAP can easily automate. The hiring team and management handle the handling of requisitions, so automation is not a good option.
- It entails identifying which company jobs need to be filled.
- What criteria will be used to choose candidates?
- How applicants will be judged
By publishing job applications, job postings try to draw candidates. This work can be automated if applications are submitted through predetermined job portals. However, this needs to be considered as the business reaches out to new types of talent. For instance, Linkedin can be an excellent job board for someone looking to work in business development. Still, a honeypot may be a better place to look for software development expertise.
Why should firms use SAP’s RPA?
RPA adoption will help businesses utilizing SAP ERP software to:
- Cut down on time spent on tedious, repetitive operations.
- Minimize errors brought on by manual data entering.
- Automated monitoring ensures the conformance, excellence, and accuracy of delivered reports and services.
- Created to facilitate cross-departmental cooperation on vital business operations.
- Automate ERP system processes, share data, and optimize workflows via a single platform.
- Offer ongoing transaction monitoring strengthens interface linkages between SAP and non-SAP systems.
What are some SAP case studies of RPA?
The biggest distributor of pharmaceutical and healthcare goods in Malaysia is Zeuilling Pharma. In Malaysia, they serve 15,000 clients. They provide digital, commercial, and distribution services to make healthcare more accessible in Asia. Zeulling Pharma was able to automate sales orders, invoicing, bills, and shipping tracking by integrating RPA with their SAP system.
- Completed the audits of more than 10,000 IT-related cases that had been backlogged.
- Allow more orders to be placed due to the consistent performance of RPA bots.
- Allowing staff to focus on more strategic tasks
Which SAP RPA solution should I use? Businesses can rely on Contextor, SAP’s RPA system, or other RPA suppliers. Contextor was purchased by SAP in 2018 and integrated into the company’s product line. However, when choosing an RPA solution, businesses consider their total automation requirements, and most RPA software offers connections to SAP. Therefore, when we rate RPA providers based on their market presence or momentum, we can observe that SAP Contextor is not among the top RPA vendors. Our experts provide personalized demos after understanding the business needs. Click
here to talk to our experts.