The data landscape of today’s organizations is complex and diversified. Traditionally using old technologies does not help to unlock and tap into the data’s full potential. As a result, most firms need to maximize the value of their rich data. They must extract 360-degree insights and rarely achieve maximum benefit from the data.
“47% of organizations say that data and analytics have significantly or fundamentally changed the nature of competition in their industries in the past three years – McKinsey”
Because data assets are distributed and disconnected, extracting relevant insights in the correct context and at the right time is difficult. Visibility, centralized interfaces, frictionless access, quick data retrieval processes, and other impediments impede an organization from effectively optimizing its data. Businesses must be able to operationalize data strategically. Currently, enterprises are migrating toward a more comprehensive data management solution. Something that would assist their resources in connecting, accessing, enriching, and organizing disparate data assets into insightful business insights.
Why Do Organizations Fail to Maximize the Value of Enterprise Data Assets?
Most organizations have a complex data environment in which most of their data is organized in a row-column format and used to develop data marts and data warehouses. The analytics are performed to acquire relevant insights. This framework, however, needs to be more bulky, arduous, and time-consuming and frequently needs to be changed.
SAP’s Next-Generation Data Platform aims to address data challenges
SAP Data Intelligence Cloud is a complete data management system that includes the following features:
- It provides enterprises with a wide range of tools that enable them to integrate, orchestrate, enrich, and transform data.
- DIC gives organizations the tools to interpret, process, and manage data efficiently.
- This integration throughout the IT ecosystem will give users intelligent and relevant real-time insights.
SAP Data Intelligence Cloud is the cloud equivalent of SAP data intelligence on-premises. The roles and duties of data engineers, data stewards, data scientists, and data architects are all synced up with this cloud-based service. In essence, every user can optimize the data disseminated across distributed hybrid landscapes, assist in creating data warehouses from mixed data, and simplify the maintenance of data streams.
This comprehensive data management solution serves as SAP’s Business Technology Platform’s data orchestration layer. It offers complete data integration and processing capabilities. Furthermore, it integrates, enriches, and transforms all detailed data to present users with intelligent, relevant, and contextual insights.
DIC enables a company to discover data from the data environment and its linkages. Furthermore, it aids in data refinement by enriching, curating, and reusing data, as well as data governance and orchestration via modular data pipelines.
Capabilities of Data Discovery in a Single Platform:
- Data Discovery: DIC can identify data from various sources by finding intrinsic patterns. Organizations use DIC to connect to many systems and apps to retrieve similar data.
- Data Orchestration: DIC’s data orchestration feature enables organizations to organize and execute complicated data pipelines in a predetermined order. It also creates and executes tasks like file operations, and data flow diagrams, allowing for the continuous and easy transfer of all data sets throughout an organization.
- Data Profiling: Using DIC, enterprises can better comprehend all the data accessible across the landscape by extensively analyzing data sets. By capturing metadata, combining it with other information such as owner, validation rules, or quality ratings, and evaluating the quality and structure of data with other data, this method delivers a holistic view of the data.
- Data Preparation and Ingestion: Organizations can utilize DIC to acquire data from various sources and store it in an easy-to-use spreadsheet interface. The solution simplifies data acquisition, storage, and enhancement in a user-friendly manner. Data can be transferred from various sources to a single target, stored, and analyzed.
- Data Quality: DIC assists businesses in understanding the quality of their data and determining where enhancement and improvement are required.
- Organizations can tailor policies to guarantee that final data can be relied on to make sound decisions. Dashboards can also be developed utilizing custom tiles to display the outcomes of data sets and scorecards or trend groups.
- Data Pipelines: DIC’s data pipeline modeler enables enterprises to create scalable and adaptable flow-based pipelines for processing, refining, and enriching data at the source. With 250+ pre-defined, drag-and-drop operators that allow data injection, processing, or integration, users can push down the processing to where the data is stored (i.e., source systems) without moving too much data over the network.
- Connect, Orchestrate, and Monitor Processes Across Systems: Businesses can create data workflows and schedule them to execute at precise times as new data arrives to be processed and moved to the target. DIC enables a business to initiate process chains in SAP BW, move data across SAP BW and SAP HANA, and run remote jobs in SAP Data Services.
- It also enables thorough monitoring of data processed in the data landscape to examine, regulate, and audit them. The monitoring tool reveals where resources are utilized and detects faults, allowing users to undertake some debugging to uncover vulnerabilities in the data flow.
- Machine Learning: DIC also enables users to automate low-value operations, allowing data scientists to focus on higher-value jobs. All jobs may be controlled on a single interface with DIC, allowing you to arrange data flows across the company and design the underlying data pipeline.
- Metadata collects all information about an organization’s data, such as data source, origin, owner, type, and other qualities. Metadata may be maintained across a heterogeneous and distributed data ecosystem using DIC. It also enables users to establish a catalog and gain insights into an organization’s metadata by creating a repository of the extracted metadata, enabling semantic linkages, previewing source material in a standard format, and so on.
- DIC enables the establishment of data pipelines inside the business landscape to access, alter, migrate, and transform data. Users may also design flow-based applications, handle batch jobs, stream Internet of Things (IoT) data, create custom operators for specific purposes, and manage message queues effortlessly. As a result, data pipelines have the potential to improve efficiency.
“Data as an Asset” – Adding Intelligence to Your Data Scale
- Scale: DIC is simple to scale, allowing data assets to grow. Organizations can use this solution to solve the constraints of on-premises storage and prevent running out of capacity and acquiring additional storage gear.
- Centralization: Because of the cloud’s nature, users can access their data from anywhere. Rather than depending on disparate and poorly managed data assets, companies may now use a single integrated platform to help unite all essential data assets for easy access by anyone, wherever in the world.
- Analytics & Reporting: DIC enables data analysis wherever it lives and generates thorough reports and visual representations of an organization’s data elements and connections. Data consumers may extract high-quality information quickly and confidently to aid in better decision-making.
- Value addition: SAP Data Intelligence Cloud adds value through advanced automation and shortens the time required to collect and process data assets.
- Efficiency: The DIC platform empowers every resource. Users that require data may identify, access, and analyze it quickly and easily, resulting in better and faster decision-making. Within an organization, data can be indexed, profiled, and segregated to distinguish important and insignificant data.
- Savings: An organization can save money using SAP Data Intelligence Cloud because it has access to unlimited storage. The runtime of DIC can be scaled based on the jobs being executed.
- Security: Security is considerably superior to on-premises storage. Because of the high level of data security, all confidential and sensitive data backed up to the cloud is safe from outside attacks. The data environment is always stable and safe with encryption, authentication and access control, and network vulnerability testing.
- Compliance: The comprehensive metadata management guidelines assist enterprises in adhering to worldwide regulatory standards, minimizing risks associated with storing sensitive user data, avoiding penalties, and ensuring compliance across business operations. Otherwise, compliance expenses can limit investment in innovation and other value-added activities.
The data environment of organizations is growing at an unprecedented rate, posing difficulties and opportunities in every business unit. Organizations must adopt metadata management and transition into future-forward data-driven enterprises to stay ahead of the curve, prepare for unprecedented changes, deal with disruptions, and become industry leaders.
SAP Data Intelligence Cloud (DIC) is a platform that enables organizations to connect all data users to the relevant data at the right place and right time. Vizio’s experts will help you collaborate with trusted data in near real-time and make business-critical decisions for credible insights and improved outcomes.